We are committed to protecting your privacy and subscribe to the privacy principles set out by the United States government and all legislation supporting thereto, which guides us in the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of your personal information.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
We will only collect personal information, such as your name, telephone number, or email address when it is voluntarily submitted to us on the Site. We will use this information to comply with your request for information or as otherwise disclosed to you when you submit your information. From time to time, we may refer to that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our services. We may use that information to contact you. We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. In the U.S., we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up the service, verification of who you are, or as required by law. We will not otherwise transfer the personal information you provide on the Site to any third party unless otherwise disclosed to you. The following are some examples of personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may use your personal information, including your date of birth, to verify identity, assist with the identification of users, and determine appropriate services. For example, we may use the date of birth to determine the age of the Financial Shaman account.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Financial Shaman, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Financial Shaman’s products, services, and customer communications.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We monitor the use of the Site by collecting aggregate information. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browser you use, the pages you visit, or the Web site which directed you to our site. You cannot be identified from this information and we use it only to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site. We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone where our products are purchased or service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
- Third-Party Sites
This website contains links to a number of other websites. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not apply to those sites; we suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
We may use small files called cookies which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow you to carry information across the Site without having to re-enter it and enable us to analyze web traffic and improve our online services. Cookies cannot be used to identify you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to modify your browser settings to decline cookies. Please note that if you decline or delete these cookies, some parts of the Site may not work properly. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information.
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Accuracy of Personal Information
- Access to Personal Information
- Blogs and Social Networking
The Site may enable you to integrate with certain third-party sites and services, such as social networking services. Information that you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible forum such as a blog, chat room, or social networking service may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information, and by using such services and publicly posting your information, you assume the risk that the information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes. Financial Shaman is not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social networking service provider or their platform.
- Our Company Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure; we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to all Financial Shaman contractors and employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company